A tablet acts as the midpoint between smartphones and laptop computers. Their processing power, design and portability make them necessary devices for many people. If you want a gadget larger than your phone but more portable than a laptop, you should consider the best android tablet for gaming.
Mobile gaming is fast becoming the go-to mode of entertainment for many people. The android platform offers more games you can play than the traditional PC and console games. As such, there is a need for powerful gaming tablets that can provide a stable gaming experience.
Trying to find the best gaming tablets can be frustrating because you have numerous options to choose from. Furthermore, not all every mobile game on the App Store is optimized for tablets. If you are looking for alternatives, we have compiled a list of 5 of the best gaming tablets running Android.
5 of the Best Android Gaming Tablets
1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- PC PERFORMANCE. TABLET PORTABILITY: Transform your tablet into a PC experience…
- ENTERTAINMENT, UPGRADED: Experience cinematic viewing in your hands with larger…
- REDESIGNED S PEN INCLUDED: With improved 9ms pen latency, the redesigned S Pen…
- CHANGE THE WAY YOU GAME: Bring console gaming to anywhere a Wi-Fi connection is…
If you are looking for PC performance with smartphone portability, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 is a perfect choice. Although this product in the series is not as powerful as the S7 Plus, the features it packs make it a suitable tablet for gaming.
For starters, the tablet can boost your gaming experience with a stunning edge-to-edge screen and great viewing angles thanks to the 11 inch TFT LCD screen. The 120 Hz refresh rate and 4K capability mean that you are in for crisp and clean gaming.
Additionally, the tablet ensures you are gaming on the next level with quad speakers developed by Dolby Atmos and AKG. The combination makes the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 loud and clear, with the bass still being audible.
The battery life on this tablet for gaming is impressive at 8000 mAh. The device will easily last a little over 13 hours when using Wi-Fi to surf the web.
Moreover, the Galaxy Tab S7 packs enough punch in the octa-core CPU to rival any other gaming tablet on the market. The snappy Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ chip will run any mobile game smoothly. Plus, the Adreno 650 GPU has the muscle to complement the fast processor.
- Sharp display with 4K resolution and 120Hz refresh rate for smooth gaming.
- Snapdragon 865+ chipset is capable of handling demanding mobile games.
- It can run the latest Android OS.
- The tablet ships with an S Pen stylus.
- Terrific sound quality.
- Android applications lack optimization for tablets.
- Many users find the UI tricky to navigate.
- The tablet for gaming lacks a headphone jack.
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- The included S Pen makes it easier than ever to write notes and personalize…
- Slim Metal Design: Take this sleek, lightweight tablet anywhere. Its slim design…
- Entertainment Ready: A vivid, crystal clear display draws you into content while…
- Long-lasting Battery: A long-lasting battery lets you stream for up to 13 hours…
Samsung Android tablets may seem expensive, but they have the features to justify the price tag. If you want an affordable yet powerful option, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite should be on your list.
The S6 Lite tablet is a less powerful version of the S6 because it lacks the 10.5-inch Super AMOLED display, quad speakers and a similar CPU. However, this “lesser” version of the series still delivers with a 10.4-inch TFT screen, dual speakers, an octa-core Exynos 9611 chipset and the Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. Plus, the Lite gaming tablet runs the latest operating system.
The device offers two storage options in 64 and 128 GB, but the RAM will be the same 4GB on the two. If you are interested in expanding the gaming tablet’s capacity, you can use the dedicated MicroSD card slot.
The Samsung S6 Lite tablet caters to your gaming needs with its remarkable 7040 mAh battery capacity that guarantees 10+ hours of viewing HD videos. This battery life should see you through two days of light usage. With a 15 W quick charge feature, you can get back to playing after just 3 hours of charging.
- The S6 Lite comes with the S Pen stylus.
- The battery life is excellent.
- The One UI 2.0 is easy to operate.
- The gaming tablet runs the latest Android operating system.
- The charger works slowly compared to other tablets for gaming.
- The processor lacks the oomph that the S6 has.
- The tablet lacks a headphone jack.
3. Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus
- This powerful Android tablet includes 2.3 GHz octa-core processor with 93% full…
- Enjoy multimedia, theater-like entertainment on the 10.3″ FHD display with dual…
- Stay connected with rear and front-facing cameras, Wi-Fi 802.11 a,b,g,n,ac, 2.4…
- This Android tablet helps protect your eyes by lowering harmful blue light when…
The Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus is the most affordable option for the best gaming tablets. Nevertheless, the build quality feels premium with an all-aluminum back, super-thin bezels and a stunning display.
The 10.3-inch IPS LCD 1920 x 1200-pixel screen will wow you with a crisp resolution and excellent color quality. The touch screen is responsive and smooth. Still, it is not one of the brightest gaming tablets on the market.
Admittedly, the octa-core MediaTek Helio P222T CPU is not the fastest horse out there. Additionally, PowerVR GE8320 GPU and the 4 GB RAM do not give the Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus much to go on. Yet, this product shows its class as a tablet for gaming with performance rivaling pricier ones.
- It is a budget option.
- The tablet comes with a charging dock.
- The slim bezels and high-quality display make it an excellent choice for gaming.
- It can also function as a smart display.
- Its performance lags behind the competition.
- The battery life is not on par with other tablets for gaming.
- The operating system is outdated.
- Users complain the screen is as bright as other products.
4. Samsung Galaxy Tab A7
- Slim, Stylish Design: Stream And Browse On A 10.4-Inch Ultra-Widescreen Display…
- Dolby Atmos Surround Sound: With An Enhanced Quad Speaker System That Plays…
- Premium Entertainment, On Us: With Purchase Of Galaxy Tab A7, Get Two Months Of…
- Do More Of What You Love: Powerful Processing Speeds And Upgraded Memory Means…
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 is another budget gaming tablet. The 10.4-inch display packs in more pixels regardless of the thicker bezels in this model. Still, some people prefer this tablet for their gaming because the extra real estate on the edges can give you a comfortable grip.
As for performance, the tablet has an octa-core Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 CPU, complemented by the Adreno 610 GPU. This powerful combination ensures the 3 GB RAM can handle most of the App Store’s games.
The Samsung Tab A7 model’s battery life can see you through an entire day of light browsing. The 7040 mAh pack may not be impressive, but it will handle prolonged gaming like other tablets. Plus, you get a 3.5 mm jack that will help you supplement the four-speaker setup.
- Respectable battery life.
- The gaming tablet has a brilliant display.
- Four-speaker setup with Dolby Atmos.
- The tablet may stutter during high-performance gaming.
- The display panel is not bright.
- Performance and design are mid-range.
5. Amazon Fire HD 8 10th Generation
- 8″ HD display, 2X the storage (32 or 64 GB of internal storage and up to 1 TB…
- All-day battery life – Up to 12 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching…
- Now with USB-C for easier charging. Fully charges in under 5 hours (with…
- 30% faster thanks to the new 2.0 GHz quad-core processor.
The Amazon Fire HD 8 has a 1280 x 800-pixel display panel that is bright enough for your gaming needs. Admittedly, this device lacks the crisp detail found in other tablets. However, the super affordable price makes up for this deficiency.
If you are looking for a mobile gaming option for your kid, the Amazon Fire HD 8 is an excellent choice. The audio will not disappoint you because of the quality of the tablet’s Dolby Atmos speakers. Still, it will not be audible if you are in a noisy environment.
The performance is surprisingly decent for a device at this price point. The Fire HD 8 comes with a quad-core CPU and 2 GB of RAM. Although not impressive, this product handles multitasking well and is suitable for kids’ games.
Additionally, the battery life is remarkable, with over 13 hours of usage time over Wi-Fi. This device is guaranteed to keep your kid amused with games when going on a long drive.
- Includes Alexa features.
- Excellent battery life.
- Includes support for USB-C.
- The display resolution is not exciting.
- The tablet has plenty of ads.
- The app store lacks plenty of options for gaming.
What to Consider Before Buying an Android Tablet for Gaming
1. Dimensions and Weight
The best gaming tablets should offer a suitable screen size while remaining portable. The bezels should be thick enough to hold and thin to draw your eyes to the display. Additionally, a narrow device is easier to tuck away in your bag, and it feels more premium.
Some tablets are heavier than the others and thus can be challenging to hold for extended hours. You need to find a device that is both well-designed and light to carry. Nevertheless, heavier tablets for gaming tend to be more durable because of the build quality.
The processing power gaming tablets must have the capacity to handle today’s performance-intensive offerings. Unfortunately, looking up what CPU cores and GPU models does not guarantee that you will get the best device.
You must investigate the chip architecture for the tablet to ensure it has the performance necessary for gaming. Plus, the kind of CPU and GPU will affect the battery life of your device. For instance, the Apple iPad series is excellent at combining the hardware with the iOS software for peak gaming performance.
3. The Screen
When it comes to gaming, the tablet screen has plenty of significance. You need to figure out the size, resolution, brightness, viewing angle, and coating of the panel.
You can find an AMOLED screen and LCD variations that will provide you with a Full HD display. The number of pixels determines the level of clarity you will get while gaming on the tablets. Also, consider the viewing angle, as you may need to play some games while holding the device at odd angles.
Aside from the screen size, you must check the brightness levels of your tablets’ panels. If you plan on gaming outdoors, you should consider a bright screen with anti-glare features.
4. Operating System
The best gaming tablets should run the latest operating system for better functionality. You have numerous options like the Apple iOS, Android, Amazon Fire OS, and the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system in this category.
Each platform has its benefits and downsides when it comes to application availability and ease of use. Plus, operating systems are constantly receiving updates. Thus, it would help if you found a gaming tablet that has support for OS upgrades.
5. Storage Capacity
The storage capacity in a tablet is typically much less than a computer. Many notable products ship with an internal space of 32 GB and above. Although this is ideal for typical use, gaming on these devices might be challenging because you cannot store many games.
On the other hand, the best android tablets should have enough RAM to launch and run demanding games. However, the capacity you need depends on the operating system. The Apple iOS may not be as heavy on the RAM as the Windows 10 OS.
It would be best for you to find a tablet with an ideal combination of both internal space and RAM. Alternatively, you can find a device that allows you to expand the memory.
6. Other Features
The best gaming tablet should include other features such as a stable internet connection, a fingerprint sensor and a headphone jack. Moreover, it helps to find a device that allows you to use external devices through fast ports like a USB-C connection.
Some users may prefer to have a home button, but you need to consider the ease of navigation of the OS you are using. These factors play an essential role when choosing the best gaming tablet for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Android Tablet for Gaming
1. Which mobile OS is better for gaming?
The Apple iOS provides a consistently better gaming experience. Playing on Android hinges on the hardware of the device you have.
Also, products like the Microsoft Surface Pro 7 run a hybrid version of the Windows 10 operating system. The kind of OS you choose will determine the variety of games availabe .
2. Are tablets worth it?
Although not as powerful as computers or portable like smartphones, tablets are still worth it. They offer better media consumption than phones. Also, they are far easier to carry around than your laptop.